Considerate New York Business Litigation Attorney Resolves Costly Conflicts
Reliable law firm litigates on behalf of businesses in the Syracuse area
When others do not deliver on their promises or abandon their responsibilities to your business, you can face far more difficult challenges than disappointment, from supply or staffing issues to missed deadlines to disheartened customers. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract, or you are accused of a breach, contacting a respected law firm right away can help you to resolve conflicts with confidence and efficiency. As a business litigator at Mary Lannon Fangio, Esq., I represent business owners and corporate boards in the Syracuse area and throughout New York in a wide range of cases. I have the skill to represent your interests in New York and federal courts, but I am also able to reach negotiated settlements, saving you time and expense, when that is your best course of action.
Attentive lawyer advises businesses in breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is compromised, it can cause long-lasting trouble for the business, affecting operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract fails to perform as they had promised, there are a variety of remedies I can seek to provide monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
At Mary Lannon Fangio, Esq., I am committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are plaintiffs or defendants.
Helpful attorney seeks negotiated settlements
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. My firm will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. I understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. As a skilled negotiator, I am able to help clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Established litigator upholds your rights in court
When finding common ground with the other party is not possible, I am able to build a strong case and present it strategically before a judge. In addition to breach of contract, the possible legal actions that a business may face can include issues with employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, I will be by your side, providing trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your business and profitability.
Contact a dedicated New York business litigation attorney
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, taking prompt legal action is essential. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them, while recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency. At Mary Lannon Fangio, Esq., I provide caring and comprehensive guidance for business owners in New York. Call me at 315-877-5605 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation at my Syracuse office.